Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Flowers in your hair


Our second last stop on our epic trip away was one of the places I had been looking forward to all along- San Francisco! I had heard so many good things about the city from so many people, so I couldn't wait to check it out for myself.
Boy- did it deliver!! I almost instantly fell in love with the place. The weather, the people, the music, the bars, the surrounding nature- it really is pretty special.
We had a (HUGE) wander on our first day. Seriously. We walked pretty much... everywhere!!
We were staying in the famous and very central union square, and from the first wandered down through China town! Which was pretty cool I thought- quite clean (for a China town- in my experience!) and long, with lots of different (well, let's face it, most of the knick-knacks are exactly the same) shops and things to see.
Then we moved into Little Italy, where we stumbled upon this rather impressive church! Incidentally, this is where Marilyn Monroe married Joe DiMaggio!
Of course we had to walk along the waterfront. I always love a city with a good harbour. Having grown up in consistently dry and drought-plagued Canberra, I really appreciate what a waterfront can do for the vibe of a city. The whether, the activities, the atmosphere- it's almost guaranteed to be happening along the water!
Ahhh shhit this was a bit ridiculous- there were like 200 sealions sun baking, squealing, playing dead, roaring and pooping on the wharf- it was the funniest thing! But it was almost even funnier seeing all the tourists (well.. we were included in this for a while..) scrambling to to see them, they were seriously almost falling in/ over each other for the best spot to see the (rather smelly) creatures.
Just a little lollypop ;)
So much awesome street art everywhere! In fact, so much art generally- we perused many a corner art gallery! So much creativity going on.
I thought this was a good background for an impromptu photo shoot. Because I'm just that glaaam! Ha!
The painted ladies. AND a film being shot behind me! Who knows, maybe I'm in the backdrop of something famous.
Mac and Cheese in Castro district! Was actually so yuuummo!
Tim doing as he was instructed! (Yes. He is dancing. Not pretending take a shit. hahaha kidding, babe- you're a great dancer!)
You've seen a lot, I can tell. Wise looking man in a street of murals- really awesome place.
If you're going to San Fransisco... you know how it goes! <3

SO this barely touches on San F- I have so many more photos! So I just might do another post on it! Being that it was definitely one of my favourite places, I think it deserves it!! X

No comments:

Post a Comment