Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

A change of season

Fall. It has arrived in all it's leave changing, wind blowing, pumpkin eating, sweater wearing glory. It is cold. So cold. I am currently wearing about a billion layers and still not feeling cozy enough. How the hell will I survive winter, you ask? I ask myself this every day. I am hoping that I will somehow acclimatise- my thin, sensitive, sun-loving Australia skin will develop some kind of special Canadian wind-shield, frost-proof armour. Judging by the bare arms and legs I still see walking around without a care in the world, it definitely exists.

These are some photos from last weekend which was thanksgiving long weekend. We had an amazing road trip up to Cape Breton Island, about 5 hours north of here. We went hiking, stayed in cozy wooden cabins, had bonfires, roasted marshmallows, listened to Celtic music (the heritage up there is Gallic) and discovered million-coloured birch trees, cheeky squirrels, majestic pines, rugged coast, flowing waterfalls and MOOSE. Amazing.

Amazing. x

No comments:

Post a Comment